Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The hardest thing that I have ever done

The hardest thing that I have ever done.....

It wasn't gradating high school or college....
It wasn't being pregnant....
It wasn't labor or delivery....
It wasn't endless sleepless nights with a newborn....

It was giving up...
It was letting go....
It was finally admitting to myself that things wouldn't change--that I couldn't change them...
It was discovering who someone really was and who they were just pretending to be....

I used to think that I was just a quitter. I could make this work! IT HAS TO WORK! It wasn't all up to me. No matter how much I willed it, I couldn't change who a person really is. I couldn't MAKE someone care. Nothing I did was enough. I finally quit. I finally let go of the way I thought things should be and accepted how things really are. And it was really hard.

1 comment: