Monday, June 22, 2009

My first blog

So, this is my first blog ever!
Well, I had a xanga but that was in high school and it was kinda dumb. I wrote some stupid things.
So should I introduce myself to blogger world? I guess I could although I don't think anyone will ever read this!
My name's Catherine and I go to Georgia Southern University. I love the school but I HATE it's location..mainly because rednecks and really really really really really southern people also live there. I just can't wait to get out of the south.

I hate trucks, expecially lifted trucks, loud cars, the Georgia flag and the Confederate flag, WalMart, camo, hunting, guns in general, most country music, and cowboy boots. I also don't like Southern "charm" or the idea that men are supposed to be "Southern gentlemen." Why can't men and women just be polite for each other?? Can't I open a door for you once in a while? Oh, and I absolutely HATE tea--iced or hot, they're both gross.

So, as you can see, I don't really fit in well with many people in my area. Thankfully, the campus is diverse enough where I can meet non-rednecks.

So now you probably think I'm a big hater considering my longest paragraph so far is of things I hate. I do love a lot of things too though!

I love my amazing boyfriend, Michael, who is my other half--somtimes I think he's my other three-forths. We've been dating for 9 months now and even though we've had some bad days together, there have been triple the amount of good days to counter them. I love all of my great friends! I don't have many close friends but I know that the ones that I DO have are true. I have many not-so-close friends that I love hanging out with but would never count on them and probably would never confide in them. I love my family. Even though it was a rocky one growing up, I still love my fam and would do anything for them! I especailly love my brothers and my dad even though they get on my nerves a lot. I'm very close with my grandparents and extended families. My cousins and I talk regularly and I'm going to see them next week! I can't wait!

I love gossip! I don't know why. I love hearing about people's dirty (and clean I guess) laundry. My favorite thing to hear about is when someone gets what they deserve! I love figuring out who knows who and how or why, who's dating who and will it work out? Call me crazy, but my life's pretty boring so I have to entertain myself with other people's lives. I usually don't meddle. I just absorb information like a sponge. I bet people would be surprised if they knew how much I know about people. I don't juudge them though. If i hear or see something about someone, I always make sure to give them a chance myself. Everyone has their quirks.

What else do I love?? I love math, hence why I'm a math major. I plan to teach math at a secondary level after graduation. Teaching is my passion and I've known this my whole life. I guess I'm lucky that way--never being confused about what to major in or what I want to do with my life. I love food--sometimes too much. My favorites are chocolate, pizza, and mac and cheese but there are many things close to the top too. I love cooking and eating! I'm surprised I'm not 800 pounds by now!

I guess you have somewhat of an idea of who I am blogger world! Let's see if anyone reads this! I doubt it. There are much more interesting people in the world. Of course I'll blog here, but I think I'll spend more time on others' blogs reading about their lives! Even though I busy myself with other people's live and knowing everything about someone, I am still perfectly happy with mine. I wouldn't change how things are for the world!

1 comment:

  1. dont hate all southern things - because southern hospitality is not so bad :)

    makes me sad that you dont like tea - if you want to try some of mine, i make it the way the british do (the right way) lol.

    so glad your blogging & I cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete